Friday, July 20, 2012

July 19, 2012


Pues, como estan todos?!
K great! Well It was good to hear from all of you, thanks for the emails and such.

Well, I had a good week as well! I've pretty much been going on week long companion spuradic comp. exchanges because Elder Watson has been slightly out of commision for a while. But it's been a lot of fun. Well, I leave for Chile in just under 11 days now! Should be an adventure. And Dad, you're completely right. My experience in the field will be my experience in la CCM, magnified. The first week, month, etc. will be really hard. Good and crazy, diffierent, but hard. But I'll catch on quickly, I really will, and I'm not worried, right now at least. Then as I catch on of course, it'll be infintiely better than anything here. So I guess it comes down to it that ya, I'm pretty excited. We should get our travel plans this afternoon of tomorrow, I'll update you eventually, with info.

Yay!
    Entonces, We had a great week here! It's been awesome. Played some futbol, same old same old. Food is food. I've been drinking the Organic soy milk here instead of the cow stuff, gee whiz is it great. Thanks mom! Also I've been using your essential oils periodically thourgouht the last week here and actually, they've been awesome! 4ish nights ago I used them and it felt like I had a fire in my estomach! Wow! They're great, thanks! I diluted like 6 of the 8 in water, it tasted soooo crazy, but felt really good. So, I'll remember to periodically put those to good use.
   Our investigators, Ricardo and Pati and Margherti are all getting baptized!!!!!! The 21st, the 27th, and the 28th! We set those last two dates yesterday as well, so we really got those in last minute. It was terriffic though. We've gotten a lot better at teaching, but of course still have a ways to go. It was a really neat experience for both of them, and us. We've been working on 1. listening 2. Inspired questions. and 3 pauses. Tyler I remember you said how important listening was for you in your mission. Just getting down to the root of the issue, and having people say what's really the issue. And then just listening. I think you said that people evenutlaly generally solve their own problems, they really just want someone to listen. Inspired Q's. This helps us really address the investigadore's doubts and concerns, and how THEY can solve them. Because as missionaries, are job is only to INVITE people. They have to do the rest, obviously we can't do more. And Pauses. Pauses, and silecne in the lesson, we've realized, helps both us and the inv. listen to the spirit. Well good stuff.
    The language is coming. For the MTC, I'm essentially fluent, although it does take me longer than I'd like to say some sentences. I"m always gettting bettter though. Honestly, spanish isn't that hard. Not that we don't have the best help in the world.... But Chile be completely different. They speak really quckly, with astrong accent, and obviously my vocab is a bit limited. Should be a good time though. So, for the CCM, I'm more or less fluent. For the real world...? Should be fun.

Well, I think that's it! I'm sure I'm forgetting something, I always am! 
Love ya lots, thanks for everything! I'm really happy here, this is the most consistently happy I've ever been! I'll send home pics, probably today.

     Sincerely,
        Elder Spencer Tasso
  

Ps. I made un Chiste, the other week. I haven't gained 19 pounds. Like 4 though. Got ya, eh?
Pps. Watches are sweet. I like them now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment