Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 26, 2012 5 days and counting!


Hello everyone!

I've had a great week, as I hope you all have as well! This morning we got to go to the temple for the last time, it opened back up. It was a great experience. I really had a opportunity to think about the bigger picture there. We always should in that environment, and I just felt so, comfortable about my situation- that is, my service as a missionary and such. It frequently can be more difficult to make the long term decision (remember somebody's talk about the toddlers and the marshmallows? Those who had perspective and patientce, were much better off). The temple is great, I didn't realized how I'd missed it in those 3 weeks, while it was closed. I also ate some quiche. Yay! I really want to apply this in those first hard times coming up in Chile, and maintain perspective. D&C 121.

Well, I leave for Chile obviously in 4ish days! just over! I'm pretty excited, I really am. I really enjoy communication, that is talking with and meeting people. Although I'm not the best at spanish, nor am I the worst, I think part of my excitement/confidence comes from Spanish! I'm excited to speak it down there! Although, give me a week, and we'll see how I feel then, ha. And obviously when you're on the lord's errand, you really can't go wrong, and he'll support you, so that's a big confidence booster as well.

Well this week was fun. We've had a lot of variety in our teaching, and so we've got to teach a lot of new investigators, which is good! I'm still working most on listening, applying and catering specifically to them, and asking good, inspired questions. And I'm getting better. We taught Carlos yesterday and honestly I felt really good about it too. Also feelings! We focus a lot on feelings as teachers and as missionaries. Which points back to faith really, as feelings aren't really a quantifiable sense, but that's what it all comes down to. Maybe I'm not making much sense. Anyhow, our investigators are really coming along. Last night, we had the opportunity to demonstrate how to begin teachers to the new missionaries who came in! It was loads of fun, and It emphasized the above important things. I've got my work cut out for me before I leave!

I got a letter from Elder Smith's sister, that was funny. And thanks for writing Grandmas Debbie, and Susie! Thanks so much for the package and D. Elder! Please pass on my thanks to them! Hope you're all doing well! Sounds like lagoon was fun, love you all Abuelos!

Well, I've got to go get a hep. 2 shot, and do my laundry, my clothes smell real bad. Thanks for the package and food and stuff last week! And Elder Dan.'s as well! He's serving in Rochester right now!

Cya and love ya,

Elder Spencer Tasso

No comments:

Post a Comment