Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14, 2012

How is Everyone!!

Thanks for the pictures! They're pretty great, and I apologize once again for the punctuaction, the keyboards are different. I don't care. 

There's so much to say I dont know where to start! Today we went to the zoo actually, took forever to be honest because we rode a train and took the metro south a little bit. But it was really cool! I want to send you all pictures of everything here, I actually havent taken a lot here, but took a lot at the zoo today, but I have a lot of the mtc too. BUT, this card reader doesn't seem to work on this computer. We just go to random computer labs in the city, internet cafes, and use the alotted computers there. Some are good, others, not so much. Its funny because seriously 80% of the people around me are on facebook. Facebook. The bane of the world, ha not really, but funny stuff. Usually Monday is our p-day, but we switched this week to go to the zoo. Pretty ballin, it was fun though. 

This week was an adventure! Still very much adjusting to everything here, but making progress, definitely. Thanks a bunch for the letter Pops, and Tyler, keep sending good advice. Your the best! Where to start. Language- first off, still coming. I actually feel like I haven't made loads of progress speaking, but some still. Its interesting, I really think there was a lot of culture shock when I first arrived, still some. Although I dont think that I like to admit it, but I think it presented itself in the form of a lack of confidence and uncomfortability. I can understand better than I could 2 weeks ago, and I improve every day, but still, its slow. It is frustrating but, I just need to appropriate more and better study time to the language because when I do, I feel more confident. We do a lot of contacting here, and Im decent at that now. I cant always understand people but I usually know what to say. I'll say si and nod and my comp will say somehting and then I will too. I understand 90% of what he says, but much less of them. Its good though. 

Its relatively cold here, but Ive acclamated a little. Tyler you're super right! And to apply this to a weather context, in the mtc when it was super hot, I wanted the cold. Now that its cold a lot, I want the heat. I can work on loving the things I can't change. But Im prettty consistently happy and confident here. And Dad, like you said it's only bettter from here. The moon boots and ninja suit? Always! Super glad I have those for the winter months! It does get really hot! 

People! The real reason anything is good! In the ward, we've got some awesome people. The familias poblette, garrido, barra, roco, rybok, and obispo are all super ballin. Those are most of the really strong families in our ward, and we eat with them frequently. Food story! Yesterday, eating with the family Barra, we had spaghetti and meat sauce. Well it was grand, its polite to eat everything and eat a lot here for lunch, we both made the mistake of accepting seconds. The firsts were massive, the seconds were almost as massive. It was terrifying- I almost threw up. And with bread and salad. The salads here are lemony with tomato, super green small lettuce, and avocado or some mix of the three. And always soda, usually coca cola, which is bad. I like water, but it's all good. Food. Lots of mariqueate bread, pretty delicious. Other than that, soups, rice and other stuff. Good stuff, usually pretty different.  We've got some awesome investigators, Teresa has a date for the 2nd, and is pretty strong. Keep you updated. Also claudia, who've I worked with since day one for the 22nd of sept. And 2 others, and soon to be more. It's pretty grand. 

I dont know what else to say, dont have a lot of time. Its a little rainy, not too bad. September is better, the next month is pretty warm and then woosh, loads of heat. Dogs everywhere here, except they're all strays and dirty. But literally everywhere. 

Thanks mom! Kids! You're all crazy cats! Happy b-day Steve!

Hasta next week! Sorry for the lack of time!

Elder Spencer Tasso

No comments:

Post a Comment