Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012 Chile!

First off, this keyboards a little different than the ones in the States, so pardon my lack of clarity. Also I would send pics, but I didn´t know we were going to do email, therefore I didn´´t bring my pics. Next time.

Fam! How´s it going!!!!!! Awesome!!! Glad you´re all having fun in the outdoors! But ya, I can attest, sounds like a little TOO much vacation, especially with work and such. It was good to talk to you again, although little weird and I apologize for any miscomunication, via the calling cards. those things are a joke!

This week has been super sick! We don´t have cars, we walk but it´s pretty great here. Dad, we ride the metro every now and again ya, but only for meetings or special circumstances.

Well sweet! Chile is definitely awesome. I´m learning a lot- every day- and i´m really progressing with the work. Glad you got my pic. Yep my trainer is Elder Jones, from California, he´s terrific, I´m really grateful for him, but at the same time feel bad because I´m seemingly inadequete in a lot of areas. He will study at Stanford after the mission, maybe video, not sure. He likes lifting weights and preaching the gospel! And is very good at spanish, and like any and every trainer, patient. I´ve kind of feel like a puppy infant child here.  But I´ve had 5 days here now, and I´m doing more and more every single day. 

Tyler, Dad, I think you´re right. I partially have been just putting in the time here. Partiallly of course it is really hard to carry on a conversation here because I can´t really understand what they say all that well. It depends, but I generally glean anywhere from 5-30 porciento of the convesation. I can keep up with short small talk much better than with actual full blown conversations, but It´s all coming. There are def valid factos for me not being as capable as I will be 3-6-9 months down the road, but I can still be as effective via the Lord. Anyways, your right. I´ll try this visualization-optimization more, because your right, there is no reason that every single one of our investigators cannot get baptized, and there is no reason why I should hold myself back and help them via my optimism and faith. They all have their problems and doubts, (a doubt with almost everyone here, is that they´re lazy or busy, or it´s just not important for them to come to church, to do the things they actually need to do), but they´re all progressing and are ready enough to let us in, therefore if we do all we can do and help them, they all can be baptized. 

Dad feel free to tell me that story again, and what golden questions are, because I forgot it. Go figure, after all those years, ha. 

Chile! My area is pretty ghetto, dirty, poor, and vandalized but amazing. The people here are super amazing and happy. The ward is all super nice and honestly like the people anywhere- caring, kind, and friendly, so don´t worry I´m in good hands. There´s one sister who we´ve visited her family a lot already, (they´re part memebers) who reminds me of Grandma Debbie, in the sense that she´s super animated and funny and nice and excited. Only of course Chilean. Spanish-Castillan, is coming, it really is. I´m already considerably more comfortable in the language than wednesday. And the work as well. The field is really different, there´s no way they can really prepare you for this, but sooo much better. Harder too, definitely but a lot better. I´ve had a lot of moments where we´re talking to people, or teaching in a home, and honestly I can´t really understand them, but I just feel really happy, because I know that I´m where I should be, helping people, and I´m grateful for all these amazing people. I´ve had some pretty awkward moments at the door, at the gate, talking to people, but I figure I should get them out now. 

I have a testimony of this gospel, I know it´s true. The book of mormon is the word of God. 
Cya later!

Elder Spencer Tasso

No comments:

Post a Comment