Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24, 2012

Hola a todos!

I had a great week, and it seems you all did as well! 

I learned this week about patience, about acceptance, about charity. At times It's challenging to have love for those around you- in the contacts, with my companion, etc, but I always push through these tough moments- think positively, serve, smile, etc. -I know I'm a little stronger. Also the scriptures Moroni 7:44-47, and that one scripture in Mateo(?) in the Bible that talks about the beam and moat in your own eye, and not criticizing others, and hypocrisy, and such- those always come to mind when I'm impatient. 

The work, our sector, everything, is really progressing! Juanito and Estefani are both super awesome! We see them each several times a week, outside of church. Estefani, although she has had a lot of experience with the church in general (asados, NDH, etc.) is still relatively new and as such, we just taught her lesson 1-the Restoration. The spirit was super strong, her kids and family listened a little, and she´s reading. Yesterday we also had a dandy lesson with Juanito, the spirit was super strong there as well.  About the atonement. 

Elder Resek from the 70 talked to us this week in conferencia de zona. He touched mainly on themes of Working with the barrio, and the importance of finding, continually, nuevos a enseñar. As misionaries, we actually have some really good investigators and such right now. But our ward is declining in numbers and such, and we can really really help our ward be better- be stronger. We´re also working with some other people who have a lot of potential- Denise, still Teresa, Fransisco, and Enrique. 

It´s funny because me and Elder Mortensen, who lives with us, were talking about Timpanogos this morning. And I am getting a wee tad of exercise. I try to eat healthy at our pension- when I can. Smoothies, and salads, and quantity. 

Love you all a million!!

Perspective is everything, and gratitude is a big step in the right direction. When I write in my journal, I write 10 specific things that I´m grateful for, it´s helped. 

Ps. It´s getting harder to write in English. 
Pss. Im super excited for conterence!






















































Elder Tasso

No comments:

Post a Comment