Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 1, 2012

Dearest Relations,

Whats up??!!!?!  The Missions awesome, I loved hearing about all of your adventures, they were freaking sick!!!

Well, I had a great week, and learned a lot, although the week started off really hard. Me and my companion have had a lot of differences, and that really came out at the begenning of this week. We´d even had a couple of arguements, and it was really difficult. Every single companion I've had, we've had our differences, and there was always a short period of time when we don´t really get along, but we learn from it, and we´re always better after that. Well, the same thing has been true with Elder Camus, although much more so. It was difficult at the first of this week, we had a lot of tension, and more than anything, weren't really comfortable around eachother and didn't have the spirit. I'm not sure why this came out at the 3 week mark, but It did. But ultimately, we honestly worked out and accepted our differences, and it started out with giving compliments to each other, saying things we liked, things we respected about the other, and now we communicate much better. That really was the catalyst, that 5 minutes when we chose to share things we liked and respected, instead of focusing on other things, got us to where we are now. Its funny, because we obviously A) are here for the same reasons B) Ultimately, want the same thing- missionary success. Really we just had things that were slightly different, that we needed to work through. I needed to put my perceived perceptions, of "the right way to work" behind me, and focus on the end goal. And the funny thing is, now that we're not focusing on our differences, we work so much better. We´re now both working harder, and not only are accepting each other's differences, we´re NATURALLY doing the things the other wanted from the beginning. Phsycology, right? Some scriptures that really helped me were Moroni 7:45, and 3 Nefi 11:39.  And Now....... We´re tight!!!!!

Our sector is awesome, I'm worried I'm going to get changed. I don´t want to, (in 3 weeks), but we´ll see. Juanito, Estefani, Teresa, Denise, Enrique, Maria Jose, and mucho mas are all killin it! Our wards awesome, but is small. The Lord is blessing our sector with these people because it needs the priesthood, the additional strength. We´re also working with a bunch of less active, partially active, semi-active, and inactive people in the ward. It's comin great! We had an amazing lesson with Estefani Saturday, the spirit was especailly strong. 

I KNOW the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I´ve prayed, I´ve felt it many times, I´ve read it. I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ. The mission is hard, but I'm happy, I know this is something very very good for me. My testimony is much stronger now than it has ever been. At times, a little push, a little adversity, is just the thing we need to learn, to change, to become better. If we can work past that initial difficulty, it´s only golden from then on.  1 Nefi 1:1, Isaish 30:20, 2 Nefi 2:11, D&C 121.  I´ve seen that in my mission, and even in the situation above, with my companion.

Benny!! Hyrum!! Stevey!!! You are all easily the most athletic kids ever!! I love you guys more than all the Goals you´ve scored. When I was reading about all your success- with soccer, with the wolf walk (again), and with flag football, I was smiling and lauging, almost crying even. 

Anna- Hey you´re a ninja. Im proud of you for picking up track! Ha! I sound like Dad, right? That´s ok, he´s awesome. I remember I tried to do track in 7th grade and hated it, but now I love running. Don't know what changed, but something did. Its awesome, and good job on your 5k time, especially for almost no training! Keep up the good work! 

Tyler- Say hi to Sutton and Ryan and Steven for me. Your St. Geezy adventure sounds awesome. Dont get married. How's phsycology coming?

Mom- Also sounds freaking awesome! Im excited for the adventures in a bit! 

Dad- As always, thanks for the advice. I try to apply it. And thanks for the stories! Random Business idea- I think I'm going to open up an inflatable jumpy thing business when I get home. And Happy Birthday!

PS.
The Spanish is really coming. 
We're reading the LDM in 85 days, starting yesterday. Want to join? Or create your own program? It´s 7.59 pages a day, (in spanish pages) and 13.5 extra portions of spirit per day. 
Conference!!!!
Elder Bednar is coming to talk to us in Chile the 19th!!!

Trying to stay healthy, yours truly, un brazo,

Elder Spencer Tasso


Elder Spencer Tasso
Mision Chile Santiago Oeste
Correos, Casilla 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment