Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 5, 2012 Una Semana Nuevo!

Wassuppp Fam!!

We really had a great week, some stuff that happened, lets see lets see. 

Juan and his family are doing really well. His family was inactive before, but actually what's funny is that they didn´t really think so (they live all the commandments stilll...), but more of them are coming to church which is awesome. He´s hilarious because he´s this little (ish) Chilean guy who smiles a ton, and is always super happy. He´s even a little bit    elf-like, not like the Lord of the Rings though. Also, his cousin Clarita, she loves to knit and has these funny glasses. She looks a little bit like Professor Trewalny from Harry Potter at times. Also, I'm not sure if it´s caused by a type of Lung defect or something, (I don´t think so, it´s not very serious), but every now and again, in our lessons, she takes a HUGE sudden breath, like she´s been holding her breath for some reason. They´re all progressing well!

The Family Hernandez (Estefani, Anna, etc.) is also doing super well! Estefani is firm for her baptismal date for the 15th of December, and actually her mom now, Anna, too! Yesterday we watched the Joseph Smith movie with them , the 1 hour one, and Anna said at the end, "I'm really starting to think that this church is true." All her life she´s been Catholic, and pretty firmly Catholic, so this is actually a really big step for her- for everyone actually. Also the ward is befriending them pretty darn well. In time, all of the family will be able to accept the gospel. The girls already love primary, but the Dad and Brother, Both named Sergio, have yet to listen. 

This week, we were reparing a roof of a member, because it leaked a lot when it rained. Well turns out, you can only put your feet in certain parts of the roof here in Chile, between the beams! The rest is unstable. I was bringing some soda to one of the members in our ward who was helping, and stepped in between the beams. Well, lets just say not very much soda made it to the Hermano! My leg fell through the roof, but don´t worry, I caught myself. But there was a big hole in the members roof for a while. 

Me and Elder Camús last night passed a bunch of people waiting in line to buy bread. Just after we passed them, we thought that hey we should go contact them all. We did, but it was sweet becuase we pretty much preached to them, like in the Book of Mormon. Tyler, I can imagine it was like your experience a little bit in the bus. We just made an announcement and shared our testimonies and talked about Jesus a little, and really, it was a lot of fun! Ballin!

Like I said, we´re working a lot more with the wards now- to strengthen them, and to get the involved in the missionary work. Because really, missionary work, sharing the gospel, is what strenghtens us as a church and as individuals. It´s sweet, we´ve still got a lot to learn but are doing a little better! 

Tyler- Ha, your comments always seem very poinietent to my situacion. A lot of times I concentrate on doing EVERYTHING in general, and then I do less really well. I think about the time, that we´re late, that we need to call this person, during a visit with a person, that I don´t give them the attention they deserve. Do we need to do those things? Of course! But it doesn´t do me any good to multi-task myself to death. I´ve also been working a lot on slowing down, and concentrating on the person in front of me, or the task, or whatever it is. Also on just enjoying and thinking positively on whatever. 

Dad- I actually did that for a couple of weeks, but stopped. I'm going to pick it up again I think. We as humans are always going to have little bits of down-time, and how we use that, really really can add up. Thanks!!!  The funny thing is, I think    I´ve heard you say that about your business 20 times now over the years! I suppose we will NEVER stop learning, it´d be boring if we didn´t, eh? But awesome. Keep me informed about how your busineess are, it´s interesting. 

Mom- Your the best!! Brighton will be super awesome, and actually perfect, becuase with night skiing, like you said, you can saunder up to the mountain without missing a whole day of school! Yay! That´s super awesome about Andrew and everyone! And ya, I´ve heard Viña is really pretty, I´ve got a bunch of friends from the MTC there right now. Also theres a national park here that I saw some pictures of, that looks a little bit like Utah, or Oregon. With lakes, mountains, forest, etc. 

Kids and Faces- Love you all! Tell me more about school, good job with soccer everyone! And have fun skiing! 

Elder Camús loves Metallica, and a Metallica song just came on the intercom on the interenet café, where we are. We both got pretty excited. Do I even like Metallica??

The church is TRUEEE!!!!! There is power in testimony. Like Bishop Egan always said, thank-amonies, stories, are good and stuff, but  they are not testimonies. Bear and Share short powerful testimonies, of the things you know that are true, of doctrines, and watch and feel for the difference in the room. I testify that Jesus Christ is my savior and lives today. I testify that we can recieve a remission of our sins, be forgiven, repent, and change becuase of his sacrifice for us. This vital process allows God to come into our lives. I know that we can receive revelation today from God. I know that in times past, Joseph smith was a prophet of God, and today, that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. Also, I testify to the reality of the plan of salvation! It really is all true, what other worthwhile alternative would there be for us here?!? The Book of Mormon, IS  the word of God. The church is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

I already feel the spirit more in my life. Share something little from the Gospel everyday--with eachother, with a friend, or a collegue. Pray and look for opportunites, and don´t be scared!!!!!!!! Service, advice, knowledge, perspective, etc. 

Un Brazo,

Elder Tasso!

No comments:

Post a Comment