Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10, 2012

Fam!

Well we had a great week! Clara Estrella is really great! We just got a new bishop, Obispo Florés! He´s a freaking boss, ha! The ward is really awesome, and big. There are more members, more records, more young men and women, and the boundrais are like 4 times bigger. Geographically, its jolly, good, and honestly the same. It´s only like 4+- miles away from where I was before. 

I´ve really come to love to study the gospel. PME, LDM, La Biblia, everything. It really is an ongoing, seemingly never ending process of learning. There is sooo soo much to learn in this world, especially the gospel. But I challenge all of you to make a little time to study, take out something, and work on applying it everyday. I remember when I was 14, 15,16, I read the LDM, but not very well. I read to read, and not much more. Which isn´t terrible, but read to come to know Jesus, to feel the spirit, to apply something, to help someone. Read and visulize what you read.

Wednesday, I believe, We were walking, we talked to this old guy, and left. After, We knocked a door close by but as we were doing it the old guy who we had just contacted fainted! Well, he hit his head and had a big goose egg, but he was okay and after a bit his family came and rescued him. But during all of this the lady who's door we knocked before came out and helped us with the old guy, her name is Edith! Well turns out after all this, we´ve now taught her 2 times. She´s super awesome, and actually asked to come to church! She wanted to know what it was like there! She couldn´t come this week, had something, but next week she´ll be there. 

Also we´re working with someone named Johnny, he´s like 21. He hadn´t come to church before, and when we called him saturday about church sunday, he said he couldn´t, for something he had. Elder manzano told him "well ok, but really, ultimatley your going to have to show your faith to the lord." Sunday, he surprised us all and came to church, and actually, at the end, he didn´t want to leave. He plays the piano, and was playing there until it was time to close! 

Hey! Im going to skype the 24th at 10 am your time, 2 pm my time. Think up some funny questions, funny stuff. I´ll do the same. 

Brighton! Thanks for the pic of steve, it was sweet. Send some more! And with the packages, thanks so much.  We eat really well here, but I always appreciate everything you send me. Material things are sometimes better, although they may be random or a few. Like socks, or a pen, or a watch, or a tie, or a photo. 

Tell Sister Dahl and Brother Sparks, and their classes, thanks for the letters! Eventually, ha, Im going to send them a sweet letter! and Dad, tell Grandma and Grandpa Tasso thanks for the letters as well. 

Dear Grandma and Grandpa Ahlborn! I got your package, it was really awesome, thanks so much! We need emergency funds here, (obviously, I suppose) and a lot of that stuff is perfect for that. Also, for eating now. I actually got it like 4 weeks ago, I´ve just forgotten to write sooner. But thanks so much! How are all you? Are you living in your house in utah now?

This week Im going to give thanks, and work on giving thanks. Also, to look for miracles. Do the same, ya??! It´s a challenge!

Andrew and Alivia! Your both awesome!

I know that the mission is so vital to our futures and the futures of our family, and not just when we´re young and limber, but all of our lives! Missionary work is the life blood of the Church.  It is the greatest tool we have to also help the members reach their potential.

I know that Jesus is my savior, that the BOM is the word of God. That we will live with God again, through the plan of salvacion. The church really is true. 

I love you all and merry christmas!

Elder Tasso!

No comments:

Post a Comment