Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013


This´ll be a quicky! It´s important (well, at least they say it is, ha) that we be obediant and get to work, ON TIME! Bam!

Kyle and Natalia are progressing very very well. We moved Kyle and Natalia´s baptisimal date for the 30th of March becuase there is a very well thought out rule, (truly) that children (Kyle is 12) need a very solid foundation before they can baptize themselves, given that they don´t always understand the gravity of the decision they are taking. But they loved Stake Conference this past sunday, although it took them a while to find the church, due to fact that I had put the cell phone on silent without vibrations, and we had 5 missed calls and 2 texts. But in the end, twas´ awesome and the Hermana Moena is doing a fantastic job of making them feel welcome.

Today we played a little bit of futbol with the zone, and had a barbeque, which was a goooood time! It was a good opportunity to lift the zone, and be positive with all of the Elders (not everyone here plays as well as yours truly [just kidding, very rusty]), to share some food, and become more united in what we do- invite others to come unto Jesus Crist as missionaries.

I´ve noticed a huge differnece in my life from setting small consistent goals in what I do. For example, to always compare the temporal and spiritual blessings with the members, the investigators, etc. To live in the moment, and just open my mouth and think out loud. To always accept the suggestions, and be grateful for the suggestions from my comps, others, etc. To give compliments and point out the good, to compliment and thank the members for the efforts and their faith. 

By setting goals like that, with the overall end focus being to become more and more dedicated to converting others, I´ve noticed a small, but very steady, and very tangible difference in who I am. I´m changing!- which is very good because the process of developing faith, repenting, taking the sacrament, giving heed to the Holy Ghost, and Repeating, is the gospel. 
Thanks Tyler and Daddy-o for the help and the tips on goals and such. 

Also something awesome is that God is slowing but consistently revealing to me is what I want to do with my life. It´s good to have a plan, eh?
A fly just landed on my lip. Yuck. 
I´ve had an awesome experience memorizing the Living Christ in Spanish. It´s good stuff! 

Keep praying for Kyle, Natalia, Claudio, Barbara (all family); Lidia and Fabian; Elizabeth; the Molina Family; and everyone else. 

I testify that God lives, the Jesus IS our savior, that they love and know us so, so much. I testify that the canonized books are the word of God, especially of the truth of the Book of Mormon. I testify that the restoration started with Joseph Smith and continues today through our living profet Thomas S. Monson. I testify that the Holy Ghost can, will, and wants to reveal these things to us, if we let him. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
What can we do THIS week to convert eachother and ourselves a little more? To become more like Christ? To develop his attributes? 

Elder Tasso

No comments:

Post a Comment