Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 22, 2013 Dearest one and only family of mine!


It´s been such a miracle to see the change wrought by the atonement in Veronica, Valentina, Genesis, and Isidora, (the Espinacce family) and their dear neighbors, the Llanos Family. OOooooooooohhhohohhh soosososo Awesome! 

  Today we played soccer as a zone, it was nuts, and we ate a dandy lunch with the Llanos family. They gave us a great reference thursday, Marisel, we were able to teach her a little about our purpose in that first lesson and we have a FHE with them tonight. Roxana sees her biggest changes in her absense of swearing now, which is always funny;) We still haven´t been able to teach her youngest daughter or her husband, Jazmine or Carlos, but I know that we´ll be able to in the very near future;) and boy oh boy are we excited. 

   Veronica and her family are doing fantastic. It´s so great to hear their testimonies of the Book of Mormon and the Gospel. Valentina invited one of her friends over, Rodrigo, and we were able to teach him as well. He accepted an invitation to pray to God. He´s a real gentlemen. Veronica puts lots of emphasis now on that her girls only go out with Boys who are members, which is very true, but nonethless pretty funny (they still aren´t members, ha). We are also sharing with her Brazilian friend Maritza, who will recieve a portueguse BOM tomorrow, tuesday. These familys are so awesome, and have been and will continue to be so so changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

   Fransisca is excited to get baptized the coming sunday. She´s ready, keep praying for her family, her support system isn´t the best, but I know that we´ll be able to help them. Her mother (less active) told us friday that she´d never set foot in church again, and saturday showed up IN THE CHURCH for Fransicsca´s baptismal interview. Now I´m not saying that was sacrament meeting, but a miracle nonetheless;) 

  Lately I´ve found a lot of happiness in prayer. By praying and giving thanks for as much as we can, I´ve felt filled with light. Sunday I played the piano in a baptismal program. I could have sworn they told me to play hymn 70, naturally, I start playing ¨be thou humble¨ but after the prelude, NOBODY SINGS! I keep playing, shoot a glance at the director. She has a look on her face that says ¨what the heck is this gringo playing???!!¨ I stop. And ask why aren´t we singing. Well the hymn was 77, I think I just heard wrong, ha. Well, I played the hymn, we sang, and it turned out well. Twas funny;) It helped everyone at the baptism relax, me at least, laugh a little, etc. I grateful for that, ha. 

Love you all, best week ever! We are seeing ever more milagros. ´Tis the truth. I love the Book of Mormon, my father in heaven, Jesus Christ, and his church. Elder Gueto is the best.

Elder Tasso!

No comments:

Post a Comment