Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013 MMMM... BEST WEEK eva!


It´s funny, I can never think of what to write in the beginning, annnddddd HERE WEEE GOO! 

Well, Fransiscita was baptized yesterday. Check the pics for proof! She was so happy to finally be baptized, and her family is progressing, slowyly, but surely. Her mom for a long time has been less active, actually swearing that she wouldn´t come back to church, but yesterday she attented the whole time, and loved her daughters baptism. I know that the atonement will change our world, our nature, as quick as we let it! Valentina, her friend and Veronica´s daughter, shared her testimony. It was interesting how they said they met, Fransisca lent Valentina an eraser when she didn´t have one, and their friendship has been ever progressing since then! It´s wonderful to look for little missionary opportunites like that. Their impact, frequently, is much much bigger than what we immediatly recognize. Isidora, Veronica´s youngest daughter of 5 years, also shared her testimony at the baptismal service, expressing her desire to be baptized for her birhtday, ha! She´s still got a little ways to go. 

Veronica, Valentina, Genesis, Isidora (familiy) and Pato (boyfriend) are all progressing really well. Yesterday Pato thoughouly enjoyed church, looking genuinely comfortable! His first sunday at church, he fell asleep (fell??? how random- english) in Elder´s Quorum from his all night party the night before, ha;) Genesis wants to keep it a surprise until Valentina and Veronica´s (sister and mom´s) baptisms this coming sunday, but gave herself a date for the 1st day of September! Also Isidora´s birthday. In a lesson we had yeesterday with the family, Veronica shared that she has been changed in these past 2ish months, learning how to EXPRESS LOVE. She now tells her daughters, and us, that she loves us. She hugs them. She kisses people now. This has been dificlut for her for a long time, as she has been fulfilling both roles as Mother AND Father. I testify that as we openly express our genuine love, thanks, and gratitude for people, our love for Jesus and our Heavenly Father grow, and we see their perfections, and we trust in them, and they in us ever ever more. We had an amazing FHE with them and Mariza tuesday (her Brazilian cupcakemaking friend) with Presidente Barreiros. The spirit was felt abundently:)

We´re working with Nicolas Llanos, Veronica´s neighbor. He´s 15 years old and super dope/ballin´. He is such a sincere kid. About dating and girls, he said to his mom the other day, I´m only interested in real relationships, in something lasting, that will endure. Ha, so he shouldn´t have too many challenges with the Law of Chastitiy:) His testimony of the Book of Mormon is every progressing. He´s actually listened to a lot of Elderes before, and had a couple of dates before. I know that he is now ready to progress towards the 25 of August because WE believe in him, and he enjoyed church yesterday. Keep praying for him, for diligence in getting out of bed to go to chruch, and faith to give priority to his study of the BoM. 

With a few members from the Retention, Invesigatores, and ward members, we had a dope movie night with lots of popcorn at church (friday). The Testaments was screened, the spirit was felt, tears were shed, fun was had! Veronica cried. And have no fear, the movie was heared over the roar of the corn, sporadically popping in the microwave machine!

I´ve been learning how to paint a positive mental picture, how to chanell my thoughts, how to combat doubts, think BIG!, how to have faith, make things happen, how to not so much trick my mind, but become blind to the imperfections that so constantly souround us. I know that God hears and answers our prayers, gives us the strenght we need to be the leaders he wants us to be, to have a happy family, to see miracles. In divisiones, I felt tired and stressed. I took a moment to thank God for the missionares around me, for my envirnment, for the challenges we have. I then asked him to bless me with even more love and patience. Imediatley after I felt the spirit, and we could find 3 news from a wonderful family we had planned!:) a true miracle, that wouldn´t have otherwise been seen!

I spoke yesterday in church about seminary and the lasting effects it has had on my life, my mision, etc. God blessed me so much. I felt as if the words and stories simply flowed from my mouth. I felt powerful and filled with the spirit. Mom face, pops, thank you so much for helping me have spiritual experiences at EFY, Seminary, etc. I know I wasn´t always a piece of cake there, ha:)

With love, 

Elder Tasso 
















No comments:

Post a Comment