Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 22, 2012

Another week already??! I hope that yours was all as good as mine!

A couple things happened this week!

 Elder Bednar spoke to us friday! It was with several other missions. Also David Archuletta sang "Im trying to be like Jesus," but of course in spanish. The song was really simple, but beautful, the spirit was really strong, I almost cried.

    According to some of the things that Elder Bednar said I'm going to change some stuff. Really, if we listen, then discern, observe, and ask inspired, real questions to our investigatores, they have the capacity to respond for themselves. They can open their hearts to recive their own revelation, and be agents for themsleves Mosiah 12:27. Not simply objects, that understand our teachings, but aren´t ready to continue the model of recieving their own revelation, independent of us. For that, maybe our lessons won´t have as much immediate structure. But if we do the above model, and have faith in the Lord that we will recieve the words to say, and open our mouths, they will be edified. The same things happened to Nephi in 1 Nefi 4: 6.

    Me and my comp taught a couple lessons, applying this. The spirit was especially strong, and I'm hoping, and thinking that it really clicked for them. Its really just a way to teach better, and more FOR the investigator. Not making them an object, but an agent, ready to think and recieve for themselves. Its also a lot harder to teach like this, I´ve got a ways to go, but it´s coming. Family, think of how you can apply this. Benny, Hyrum, Anna, when you read the scriptures, are you really looking, asking, expecting to recieve revelation?? Or just reading? I did that for wayyyyyy too long. Don´t do it. You all have the gift of the Holy Ghost and are entitled to recieve revelation for yourselves. 

   Also I realized at times I expect too much out of my actions alone. My obediance, my efforts, my diligence, etc. But in reality, ultimately it´s up to the people to open their hearts to recieve these things. We do all of those things so we can be in the right place at the right time, so when we do meet these people, we can share the spirit with them, and they can recive it for themselves. It´s ballin. 

   He also talked a lot about unity, and the importance to have unity, in the family, or in a companionship. For example , the end of 1 nefi 7, 21-22, through their struggles, Nephi´s family is united. They then, in chapter 8, recieve the vision of the tree of life. For us to recive revelation, we need to have unity. Think of the impact of the vision in 8, all because they were finally united. My companion and I are balllers, and best pals. We´ve got our challenges, we´ve had a lot, but they really can, and will, be behind us. I´ve actually been using the,"Eye of Faith," or Dad and Tyler, like you talked about, Visualization. The things we think about happen. Think about and visualize the good, and it will happen. 

   Also, Juanito got baptized! It was pretty neat, short, and simple. This week we´re going to contact and find some new awesome people, because we need to! We´re seeing huge changes in the Familia Barra, they´re becoming a huge strength. The ward is doing better, attendence is up! 

Congratulations on everything with soccer! Benny your goal sheet was super sweet. Your hair is awesome also. You all ate chicken hearts at Tucanos right?? Hyrum how is 6th grade??  Anna you're the coolest. Thanks for the outdoor update mom, Im excited to go on adventures when I get back, and thanks for the letter!  Dad love you lots too. 

Also!!! I got your packages!! Thanks so much, it was awesome, and Tyler, your letter. If you guys want to write me, Dear Elder is always a quick good, tangible option. Also thanks for the letter from Grandma susie and Grandma Debbie, I always enjoy those. Also, Grandma Susie, Grandpa Jim, and Heidi, I got your package!!! It was awesome, I'm putting a bunch of beef jerky in my emergency fund, it´s perfect for that. Speaking of which, last week there was a earthquake here, it was little though, a 5.7 But it lasted like 20 seconds, and was pretty awesome!!! The chileans didn´t get tooo excited though, they´re used to bigger, ha. 

Love you all!!

Elder Tasso

No comments:

Post a Comment