Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 9, 2013 Fam Face 2.0


Dad face- ¨Ëvery morning, I look myself in the mirror, and say, When it gets hard today to.... serve, or when I´m frustrated, or when I´m tempted... I´ll say a pray to God and take it one step at a time, like Abe Lincoln, or Tom Monson, etc.¨
I remember that was a bit of advice you gave me a while back, before the mish. Thanks! These days, I´ve been really trying to apply it, especially with giving thanks. For example: Last night, as Elder Gueto was saying goodbye to everyone, we passed by for Valentina and Veronica. Valentina was going to go buy some food for the önce¨, but we chatted with her a bit and convenced her to let us cook for her family!;) We taught a quick lesson about temples 2 Nefi 12:2-3, set up a date to do baptisms for the dead people:), and Elder Hasler and I put ourselves to work scouring the fridge for a meal we could make! We ended up whipping up peppers, mushrooms, ground beef, and sausage, with lettuce, and rice, to make.... TACOS!!! Veronica and Roxana in the end we real jazzed up, to have us cook for them, and to eat something different, tacos aren´t eaten commonly en Chi chi chi Chile:) So that was fun. ¨Best tacos in the world¨ were the words from the Roxana´s mouth...;) 

Something I´ve been working on lately is praying.... always!;) Easy, right?
52 Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto him continually by day, and give athanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts brejoice.
This morning Elder Hasler and I made a quick banana bread for the zone! Elder Gueto and I left the apartment, to pick up a soccer ball from a member to play. As we were walking, we started talking with ÿanina¨. She said ¨I don´t understand very much of the bible, I want to understand it more! I go to the catholic church, sometimes the Evangelical, but don´t understand that much! And I feel, just ok, not great:("
We invited her to a church tour, tomorow at 11:30 in the morning, pray that érything goes swweelllll! She will love the BoM! Interestingly enough it was probably Elder Gueto´s last contact of the mission in his 2 weeks extra, a real example of going to extra mile, and a true miracle! 

Leandro got baptized! Super boss face! We´re now going to the temple with him the 21st of Sept. AND we want to reunite him and his ex girfriend (also member) Vanessa, who is SUPER awesome, their son, Joaquin 2 years old, is super funny, and has a little yellow orange cat that he always kicks! Love/hate relationship... 

We´re still going strong with Belen and Genesis, but there are a few challenges! Genesis with her health and her relationship with her boyfriend, Pato. He´s a real boss, likes the BoM, but doens´t understand ANYTHING of it. It´s all good Pato, I felt the same way when I was 14 and 15. Please pray for him to understand and love the BoM, so they can get married, and then be baptized! What a vision, ha. 
Belen (12) is super intelligent and understands entire chapters better than I, ha. But her baptism depends a lot on her Grandmother´s (jessica´s) consent, and therefore her progress. Tuesday, we went to her house for a lesson, but she had basketball. We simply began to talk with the grandma, Jessica, about an idea we had had to make a t-shirt for the zone, as she makes such!   ¨Jessica, we want to give you something special¨ and we whipped out the BoM with her. We were able to explain it´s origin what it is and such, and she commited to read Mosiah 3! God filled our mouths with miracles as we opened them with Jessica, and shared with her the BoM. 

We had a good week:) 

Mom, anna, can you send me Maddy Johnson´s email? 
I want to buy a good new camera for video, a point and shoot. I´d give my oldy moldy to Elder Moffet who lost his. Cool beans? Are we super rich or what?

I´m grateful to Jesus Christ. I know he walked alone, perfectly, but alone many times in this life. For that, I know WE never have to:) When we moved and changed houses to Alpine it was a little hard for me. In the beginning, I felt alone. Looking back I´m very grateful for that, because now I can comprehend how others feel who are new to a sector or zone, etc. and befriend them! 

With love and testimony, 

Elder Tasso

No comments:

Post a Comment