Friday, December 6, 2013

December 2, 2013 Greetings from Melipilla


We´re working with Street vendor Mauricio. He´s really funny, they both know PRETTY well the BoM. Their kids are both members. Jesus likes to fight, we´ve been praying that he´ll fight well, AND with sportsmanship. Daniel, their other son (MA) we picked up for church Sunday, and we´re going to go running with him in this really cool country loop Wednesday! They give us free Sopaipillas, which are hot and delicious.  We had a great lesson with his family yesterday. They both want to be baptized, but don´t want to get married. "Did John the baptist ever ask Jesus about his marriage?" In truth we need your prayers so that Mauricio can stop smoking and drinking, so she can feel comfortable with him as a husband. That´s the real doubt. As we read the BoM with them yesterday all of these doubts and solutions came out at the same time:) Thanks for your prayers!

Elder Gram and is a spanish machine. I feel like we finally got a good system down. He says something in English/spanish and I repeat it for him in Spanish, and then he does. I tyed weight watchers, and it worked for me:)

I´m playing the piano for the primary program, it´s awesome, there is an AMAZING spirit that carries those hymns. It makes me so so happy to be able to play and learn them!!! I never got to learn very many! 

We´ve got an awesome choir presentation coming up, this SATURDAY! As misionaries and as a district, we´ll be SINGING the restauracion, with hymns themed for the 1st vision, God is our loving heavenly father, etc, combined with a video presentation of us misionaries working. It´s PRETTY exciting stuff! 
Yesterday as we practiced I felt really really grateful for music. The zone was there, and I felt a strong desire to really get to know all of them, talk with them. I had a great conversacion with Elder Gutierrez about his burns, which before, I had never ventured to inquire from where they came. I testify that Music, AND hugs bring people togethor. 

I´m grateful that God sent me here, because this branch is really creative. They organized, as a district, skits from every branch. Our´s did 3 Nephi 11, an what´s neat, is that Brother HAROLD SILVA from Ochagavia before, was JESUS. As I watched I felt ¨Wow. We have such an amazing opportunity to work WITH this branch. They really know what they´re doing. Shoot Elder Tasso, we´ve got to have a lot of FHE with the members and their friends and neighbors.¨

Today we played futbol.... in the grass!!!! That made me happy, it´s a lot easier, to run, to play, to pass, in the grass:)

Mom face, you got 5 on the "wow your mom is really young, fit, athletic, beautiful," count. Mom and Anna, it´s true, you ARE really fit, beautiful, and athletic! 

Mom thanks for the package! Treats, nuts, fruit, and socks!! All was in great need, thanks! :)

The Book of Mormon is so so so very true. I just finished it, and started it again. 
  Y además os exhorto, hermanos míos, a que no neguéis losadones de Dios, porque son muchos, y vienen del mismo Dios. Y hay bdiversas maneras de administrar estos dones, pero es el mismo Dios que obra todas las cosas en todo; y se dan a los hombres por las manifestaciones del Espíritu de Dios para beneficiarlos.

I testify that God loves every one of his children. We ARE all difierent! It´s good to be different! God gives us lots of gifts, and lots of different ways to administer them. 
I love you all, as does Christ our savior. 
Elder Tasso! 

No comments:

Post a Comment