Sunday, June 10, 2012

June 7, 2012


Nuestro Familia,

We actually speak more english than spanish at this point. We have already set goals though. Tomorrow is solamente espanoel dia which should be fun. Spanish is coming. We've got some good language goals, and SYL only days will become more frequent after this.

 The MTC is really an amazing place. It's like a super hybrid of BYU, church, lots of school, efy, and something else. I'm sure it's changed loads since you were here pops. The miss.  program is all new, as of this past September and seems extremely effective and to the point. My purpose is specifically this- "To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them recieve the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentence, baptism, recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end." Memorized in English and very nearly Spanish as well. Beans. The spirit here is really strong, it's awesome. Although the first 4 days or so were still good, they were also hard, with the adjustement and everything. I'm well adjusted now and not looking back. Tuesday's devotional was amazing. So so good. Marlin K. Jensen of the seventy spoke on... take a guess, missionary work! It's different here than you'd think. It's all it's worked up to be, and once you get into it, really powerful, but still unique. It's obviously hard to explain via text. If you see my friends tell them they'll love it but it can be hard. And say hi. Twice. We've taught Laura our first investigator (role play) 4 times. Super duper helpful. It's soo easy to find people here. I hung out with Kent yesterday, and Jace all the time. I see people everywhere too. It's really great. My comp is a great kid, pretty funny, outgoing, nice kid. 10 points for him.

We went to the temple this morning (pday). It was ballin. That movie still cracks me up and I had to sneeze like 34 times during the session.  Also the food in the temple is terrific. The MTC food is fine, but it's a fattening system because you don't have to do a THING to get it.It's in front of you if you want it, and in front if you want more.  Don't worry though, I won't come home too padded, ha jk.

I'd write in spanish but it'd take me too long. I can write well as long as it's in the present tense (ha). But speaking and understanding is obviously much harder.
 
Kids! Love you guys! Play outside lots and challenge yourself. Have fun and be good. But mostly have fun ha.

Also if you see my friends, tell them to write me and Kent. Getting mail here is the best thing ever. Short and sweet is just dandy and perfectly fine.
 
Thanks for the encouragement and say hi to my friends for me. Also, tell them to use Dear Elder if you see them. It's easy sauce.
 
Love you guys, This church really is true. Cya in a bit Adios,
 
Elder Spencer Tasso

No comments:

Post a Comment